COVID-19 Update - January

January 13, 2021
Dear Parents,
I hope this email finds you and your family in good health.
I’m very excited to share with you that we are busy planning for Camp Moshava Summer 2021 and that, as always, the safety and well-being of our campers is our top priority, especially in light of the current pandemic.
To that end, our COVID-19 Task Force of medical specialists, together with input from our Health and Safety Committee, are taking guidance from local and provincial Government bodies, as well as the Ontario Camps Association (OCA), to focus on three likely scenarios for the summer:
  1. Cohorting – whereby groups of campers/staff function as individual “family” units, with masking and distancing between cohorts.
  2. Bubbling – whereby the whole camp is one “family” unit
  3. Combination of cohorting and bubbling
In addition to the above scenarios, we have been studying some of the policies from camps that ran in the US last summer and, based on their data and experiences, we will be aiming to emulate some of the key successful measures they took. Some of those include the following:
  1. Camp Moshava will be a closed environment – this will mean no external visitors and once campers/staff enter the camp grounds, they will not be able to leave until the end of their camp experience. 
  2. COVID-19 testing prior to and during camp – the exact amount of testing is still to be decided.
  3. Running of as many of our activities (“peulot”) outdoors as possible.
The Ontario Provincial Government has been working closely with the OCA on the required guidelines to allow for camps in Ontario to be opened in summer 2021. Within the next month, we are expecting to receive notice of these guidelines from the OCA, and will subsequently be able to update our scenarios and share them with you, so that you are fully informed.
As communicated previously, we are offering a full refund to those who choose to cancel their children’s spots before the end of day on January 15th. After that time, and to ensure we have the resources to successfully invest and plan for our summer 2021 camp, an administration fee will be applied to the refund. For the full refund policy please click on the button and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Please note: If the Government directs camps in Ontario to be closed, a full refund will be given without an administration fee applied.
If you setup a payment plan and wish to cancel your registration, please contact our office by January 15th, otherwise the payment will go through automatically. If you are paying manually, please login to your account through the registration portal to view your balance and, by Jan 15th, make the 50% payment through cheque, credit card (3% admin fee) or etransfer to
Please note that there is a waitlist for most age groups and as such, unfortunately we cannot hold spots after January 15th without payment. In the event of a withdrawn application, we will move to our waitlist in order of request. For our out-of-country campers, please look out for an additional email.
We all know how important camp is to the social and emotional growth of our children in a regular year. After the experience of the last twelve months, this statement has never been more true. I therefore want you to know that we are working harder than ever to ensure the magic of Camp Moshava is brought back into their lives. And if anyone can do it successfully, Camp Moshava Ennismore can and will!!!!
 If you have any questions regarding financial items please email Etty at, for all other questions please email or
Vicky Shizgal
Director of Camp Moshava